- Ex-Senior Policy Officer, Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs
Maurits is currently a Member of the Climate Strategies board. Most recently, he was a Senior Policy Officer at the Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs until 2015, where he worked on the EU Energy and Climate 2030 package. Since 2000, he has also been involved in developing the EU Emission Trading System (ETS) directive as representative of the Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs. He was also actively involved in the review of the EU ETS between 2008-2009.
Past work experiences include:
- Team member for establishing the renewable heat policy for the Netherlands
- Member of the EU Economic Policy Committee working group on Climate and Energy
- Member of the Dutch climate change delegation (2000-2010)
- Chair of the participant committee of the Prototype Carbon Fund (PCF) of the World Bank
- Member of the Joint Implementation (JI) Supervisory Committee (JISC) of the UNFCCC
- Assisted in establishing the first CO2 tender for Joint Implementation projects (ERUPT) in the Netherlands
- Participated in the International Energy Agency’s (IEA) in-depth review of Belgium
Maurits studied economics at Rotterdam University.