This report offers key recommendations for policymakers in Argentina to plan and manage just climate transitions. It focuses on the energy and agriculture, forestry and land use sectors which are together responsible for 90% of the country’s emissions.
To ensure a just transition in Argentina, the report recommends to focus on:
- Creating a unified national plan for decarbonisation
- Developing a coherent plan for a low-carbon transition
- Enabling the participation of all affected stakeholders in defining the vision for transition and regional support needs
- Increasing support for affected workers and sectors
- Addressing existing inequalities
The research by Sociedad y Naturaleza is part of the South to South Just Transitions initiative.