- Reforming Fossil Fuel Subsidies through the WTO and International Trade Agreements
- Second Coal Transitions Stakeholder Workshop
- Second Workshop on Policy Design for a Climate-Friendly Materials Sector
- Carbon-CAP Final Stakeholder Workshop
- Coal Transitions Stakeholder Meeting
- Is there a case for the EU moving beyond 20% GHG emissions reduction target by 2020?
- Launch of the ‘Carbon pricing for low carbon investment’ project
Clean ECA Hub: Legal Strategies to Align Export Finance to the Paris Agreement
Platform for Coal Regions in Transition of the European Commission
NET-RAPIDO: Negative Emission Technologies: Readiness Assessment, Policy Instrument Design, Options for Governance and Dialogue
The Carbon Pricing Leadership Coalition (CPLC) includes governments, businesses and civil society groups working together to identify and address the key challenges to successful use of carbon pricing as a way to combat climate change. As a strategic partner of CPLC, Climate Strategies works with other partners towards the long-term objective of a carbon price applied throughout the global economy.
This executive briefing, ‘How can Consumption-Based Carbon Pricing Address Carbon Leakage and Competitiveness Concerns?‘, looks at how pricing carbon consumption, rather than just production, can improve the economic efficiency and environmental effectiveness of carbon pricing schemes by ensuring that the costs of CO2 emissions associated with production are fully passed through the entire value chain.Author: Ryan Raffaty and Michael Grubb
Type: Policy briefs