Post-Coal Future Lab
Designing a platform for sharing experiences of stakeholders affected by coal transitions in selected countries.
Year: 2021 Current Project
The objective of this project is to design and set up a Post-Coal Future Lab (PCFL) platform.
Supported by EIT Climate-KIC and together with our partner Wise Europa, we will engage a diverse set of stakeholders to develop the concept, framework and activities for the platform. The PCFL will create a safe space for stakeholders in Regional Innovation Scheme (RIS) countries to share experiences about coal transitions. Through these exchanges, the platform will ease developing innovative ideas and activities needed for a successful systemic transformation of coal regions.
- Selecting RIS country regions currently undergoing a coal transition
- Identifying and contacting a diverse set of stakeholders and developing a strategy for relevant stakeholders to join the future platform
- Analyse concepts, programmes, best practices and mistakes of current and past initiatives focused on coal transition to understand gaps and lessons learned
- Co-develop a feasible concept for PCFL with stakeholders
- Develop a business model to guarantee financial stability of the lab.