Do you have a ‘head for numbers’ and a passion for climate action? Then our latest job opening might be for you. We are looking for a part-time (2-3 days/week) Finance and Operations Associate (new position) who can help us run an efficient and impactful organisation. Through financial administration you will have a direct impact on driving the organisations capacity to work on advancing climate policy.
The position is based either in London, UK or in the Netherlands (co-working space in Utrecht). You will be reporting to the Operations Manager, Tim Swinfen-Green.
Who we are looking for:
- Have a proven understanding in financial or data administration and reporting, with a good knowledge of spreadsheet functions in Excel
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Are capable of working across a variety of tasks in an organised and timely manner
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and are fluent in English
- Working knowledge of SAGE accounting software or are willing to learn
Areas the role will cover:
- Financial administration and reporting
- Company operations
- Grant administration
- Event coordination and logistics
- Executive support to the Managing Director
What you will be doing
A typical day could look like this, but each day may bring its own challenges and opportunities.
- You start the day by checking your messages and reviewing the day’s priorities. Perhaps an urgent request has come in so you shift some tasks around later that day or that week to get it done
- After answering a few emails and a quick catch up with the Operations Manager, you join a webinar the team is hosting and provide back-up support e.g. progressing a speaker’s slides, launching a poll, posting links into the chat
- After taking your lunch break, you match the invoices we have received against their relevant projects, check the details are correct and update our records
- It’s approaching the end of the quarter, so you update and share the summary of all our project costs and revenues with the team
- Finally, the Dutch team will be staying in London for a few days next month and will need accommodation, having researched some options you now coordinate with the Operations Manager to get it booked
What you can expect
- A supportive, international team
- Openness to new ideas, personal growth and development
- Hybrid working (in person/remote), a work laptop, and access to our co-working space in London or Utrecht (depending on your location)
- Trust and flexibility in work arrangements to provide a genuine work-life balance
- A continuing focus on individual and team wellbeing with meeting-free times, 121s, and wellbeing check-ins
Who we are
Climate Strategies works at the science-policy interface, advancing climate policy through meaningful interactions between decision-makers and researchers across Europe and internationally. We are an international, not-for-profit research network with an expansive network of world-leading researchers as members.
Salary and start date
The FTE annual salary is £22,000 – £24,000 for the UK-based post and €26,000 – €29,000 for the Netherlands-based post depending on experience. Start date is ASAP.
The aim is for our team to be truly representative of our society, so we particularly welcome applications from BAME candidates as they are under-represented in our network.
Please note you must have a legal right to live and work either in the UK or in the Netherlands.
How to apply
Please email a short CV (max 2 pages) along with a cover letter (max 1 page) explaining how you meet the above requirements to email@example.com. Your CV and cover letter should be saved in PDF format and have your full name included in the file name(s).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org