Communications Officer / Manager (dependant on experience)
07 October 2020
Stichting Climate Strategies is looking for an experienced Communications Officer/Manager to become an integral member of our dynamic team!
This is an excellent opportunity to make a real contribution to global climate action, by playing a pivotal function in strengthening and growing the impact of Climate Strategies’ work, specifically through:
- Developing and delivering the Climate Strategies communication strategy to inform, persuade and mobilise key audiences;
- Utilise excellence in communications to enhance Climate Strategies’ approach to engagement, focused on two-way dialogue and the co-creation of knowledge
- Growing our media presence and acting as first point of contact for all media relations;
- Drafting and editing press releases, media briefings, articles, Op Eds & quotes;
- Managing our website and dedicated project specific websites, as well as all social media presence, maximising reach and engagement with a variety of audiences;
- Managing the publication of reports, policy briefs, etc. making sure they are attractive and engaging;
- Supporting successful delivery of physical and online events;
- Developing and integrating our visual identity across our external facing platforms and across relevant projects;
- Identifying new opportunities for promotion and communication of our work;
- Supporting the Members, Board, Managing Director and programme staff on any communications-related matters;
If you are interested, we want to hear from you!
Climate Strategies is an international, not-for-profit network, with operations in the UK and the Netherlands, that aims to improve climate policy through meaningful interactions between decision-makers and climate policy researchers across Europe and internationally.
Inspire: Incubate ideas and develop climate policy research proposals
Engage: Organise consultations and facilitate dialogue among researchers and climate policymakers
Convene: Initiate, plan and organise multi-disciplinary events
Translate: Publish research in accessible formats in order to inform relevant audiences
What we are looking for
Our small team is looking for a person who is a confident climate communicator and writer, independent, creative and efficient in their work, likes working in a team and is a proactive problem solver.
Your skills and experience:
- Significant experience creating engaging climate change content and effective communication of complex climate issues;
- Ability to distil complex issues into accessible and meaningful content;
- Experience tailoring communication for diverse audiences, including a range of beliefs, attitudes and values;
- Excellent writing style;
- Experience with working with media of all kinds;
- Professional user of social media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, blogs etc);
- Strong graphic design skills, including the use of Adobe products;
- Experience working on impactful events;
- Ability to prioritise and manage several tasks simultaneously, multitasking across a range of project portfolios and support activities;
- Ability to communicate and promote complex issues, publications etc. in an engaging and accessible manner;
- Excellent verbal communication;
- A self-starter who is happy to take the initiative to drive improvements and innovation;
- Interest in the pivotal role of well-run communication to research achieving real-world impact;
- Experience of working with a high degree of professionalism when interacting with colleagues at all levels;
- A supportive team player who will go the extra mile to help their colleagues;
- Dedication to promoting and supporting equality and diversity in the workplace;
- At least 2 years’ relevant professional experience;
- Experience with working with academia and policy-makers;
- Proven interest in global climate issues.
What we offer
- The opportunity to influence policy debates in the fields of climate change, energy, just transitions and sustainable development policy
- Exposure to a wide range of topics, geographies, and internationally leading climate thinkers
- The opportunity to genuinely shape and advance a rapidly evolving organisation
- A full-time position with competitive salary (indicative range depending on experience: € 30,000 – 36,000 p.a.)
How to apply
The job would be based in the Netherlands (ideally the Hague) under Dutch law, with a possibility for flexible arrangements of working part-time in an office environment, part-time from home.
Applicants should send a short CV and a cover letter (max 2 pages) explaining how they meet the above requirements, by email to email@example.com, including your name and the position (Communications Officer / Manager) in the subject line. The deadline for applications is 14:00 CEST on Thursday, 22.10.2020.
Please note you must have a legal right to live and work in the Netherlands.