A new South to South Just Transition report sets out recommendations on fair climate transitions in Argentina’s key polluting sectors. Written by Sociedad y Naturaleza, the report focuses on opportunities and challenges in the energy and agricultural and forestry sectors. They are responsible for around 90% of Argentina’s greenhouse gas emissions.
Turning Argentina into a Just Transition champion
To make sure climate policy in Argentina is fair and inclusive, the report recommends to focus on:
- Creating a unified national plan for decarbonisation
- Developing a coherent plan for a low-carbon transition
- Enabling the participation of all affected stakeholders in defining the vision for transition and regional support needs
- Increasing support for affected workers and sectors
- Addressing existing inequalities.