Climate Strategies is an international, not-for-profit research network that aims to improve climate policy through meaningful interactions between decision-makers and climate policy researchers across Europe and internationally.
- Inspire: Incubate ideas and develop climate policy research proposals
- Engage: Organise consultations and facilitate dialogue among researchers and climate policy-makers
- Convene: Initiate, plan and organise multi-disciplinary events
- Translate: Publish climate policy research in accessible formats in order to inform relevant audiences
Climate Strategies works through its international network of Members and a small, full-time Secretariat which:
- Acts as a focal point for all communication with Members
- Collaborates on research proposals
- Manages the dissemination and communication parts of research projects, handling grant claims and reporting
- Disseminates its own research output and the research of its members through its own website, various types of media, collaborating stakeholder networks and the Climate Policy Journal
Climate Strategies measures its performance in terms of the quality and quantity of its output, the extent to which that output is innovative, the likely impact of its output on policy-makers and its ability to stay solvent while doing all of the above.
Membership is officially open to any individual who supports Climate Strategies’ objectives and is invited and approved by the Board to join. To promote diversity, we particularly encourage applications from women and from non-EU countries. Members are usually based in universities or research institutes. Through their research they make significant, demonstrable and constructive contributions to climate change and energy policy.
Climate Strategies was established in 2006 and is internationally known for its independence and for the quality of its work, which is safeguarded by its Charter of Independence.
Climate Strategies has 13 years of experience in informing climate and energy policy by bridging the gap between decision-makers and researchers. Climate Strategies’ unique features offer to members and partners access to researchers, strengthening of policy-relevant research, and broadening of audiences:
- Climate Strategies manages a unique network of senior researchers across climate-relevant disciplines and facilitates collaboration between members and the broader research community
- Climate Strategies uses its reputation and wide-database of contacts to support structural stakeholder engagement and consultation processes
- Climate Strategies assists members and a wider research community with turning research into accessible formats and language that allow the dissemination of research findings among decision-makers.
- Download the Charter of Independence here.
- Download the Membership Welcome Pack here.
Climate Strategies Companies House Number: 05796323