- Professor of Economics Wegener Center, Graz, Austria
Stefan Schleicher is Professor of Economics at the Wegener Center on Climate and Global Change at the University of Graz, Austria. He serves as a consultant to the Austrian Institute of Economic Research in Vienna.
He obtained his academic degrees from the University of Technology in Graz and the University of Vienna. He held academic positions at the Institute for Advanced Studies in Vienna, the University of Bonn, the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia and Stanford University.
His research focuses on economic modeling and economic policy issues with special emphasis on sustainable structures in the context of energy and climate.
Recent research activities:
– Beyond-20 – Evaluation of more ambitious EU energy and climate targets for 2020
– EnergyTransition – The transition to low energy structures for 2012, 2020 und 2050
– NREAP-AT – National Renewables Energies Action Plan for Austria
– TranSust.Scan – FP-7 EU project for the transition to sustainable economic structures
– EU Emissions Trading Scheme – The evidence since 2005 and the agenda after 2012