- Professor, Wegener Center on Climate and Global Change, University of Graz
Stefan Schleicher is Professor of Economics at the Wegener Center on Climate and Global Change at the University of Graz. He also serves as a Consultant to the Austrian Institute of Economic Research (WIFO) in Vienna.
He has held academic positions at the Institute for Advanced Studies (IHS) in Vienna, the University of Bonn, the University of Pennsylvania and Stanford University.
His research focuses on economic modelling and economic policy issues, with special emphasis on sustainable structures in the context of energy and climate.
Recent research activities include:
- Beyond-20, the evaluation of more ambitious EU energy and climate targets for 2020
- EnergyTransition, the transition to low energy structures for 2012, 2020 und 2050
- National Renewables Energies Action Plan (NREAP-AT) for Austria
- TranSust.Scan, an FP7 EU project for the transition to sustainable economic structures
- EU Emissions Trading Scheme (ETS), evaluating the evidence since 2005 and the agenda after 2012
Stefan obtained his academic degrees from the University of Technology in Graz and the University of Vienna.