- Ex-Senior Policy Officer at Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs, Netherlands
Maurits is currently acting chair of the Climate Strategies board. He was most recently Senior Policy officer at the Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs until 2015 where he worked on the EU Energy & Climate 2030 package. He has also been involved from the year 2000 in developing the EU Emission Trading System (ETS) directive as representative of the Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs. He was actively involved in the review of the EU ETS between 2008-2009.
- member of the team that set up the renewable heat policy for the Netherlands
- set up the first CO2 tender for Joint Implementation projects (ERUPT) in the Netherlands
- member of the EU Economic Policy Committee working group on Climate and Energy
- (2000-2010) member of the Dutch climate change delegation
- participated in the International Energy Agency in-depth review of Belgium
- Chair of the participant committee of the Prototype Carbon Fund (PCF) of the World Bank
- member of the JI supervisory committee (JISC) of the UNFCCC.
Maurits Blanson Henkemans studied economics at Rotterdam University.