- Reforming Fossil Fuel Subsidies through the WTO and International Trade Agreements
- Second Coal Transitions Stakeholder Workshop
- Second Workshop on Policy Design for a Climate-Friendly Materials Sector
- Carbon-CAP Final Stakeholder Workshop
- Coal Transitions Stakeholder Meeting
- Is there a case for the EU moving beyond 20% GHG emissions reduction target by 2020?
- Launch of the ‘Carbon pricing for low carbon investment’ project
This paper has been prepared as a sector-by-sector synthesis of the wider CS project on competitiveness and carbon leakage focusing on steel, cement, aluminium, chemicals, and pulp and paper. It found that in the short term, and beyond the compensation provided under current EU legislation, Energy Intensive Industries could compensate the direct carbon cost through a mix of passing costs through.
Type: Final paper