- Paris Agreement in practice: what next for Africa and developing countries?
- Paris Agreement: how it happened and what next
- Multijurisdictional Approaches to Carbon Pricing: Integrating Design Elements for a Low Carbon Club
- Global Climate Policy Conference 2015
- Carbon Pricing, Technology Investment, and Trade: Integrating Design Elements for a Low Carbon Club
- The Way Forward in International Climate Policy
- Global Climate Policy Conference 2016
- GCPC Session 1: NDC Implementation
- GCPC Session 2: Adaptation
- GCPC Session 3: Strengthening capacity of African policy-making and civil society
- GCPC Session 4: Exploring tranformational pathways towards 1.5°
- COP21: Events and Exhibit
- Carbon Pricing, Technology Investment, and Trade Workshop
- Scientific Conference ‘Our Common Future Under Climate Change’
3rd Global Climate Policy Conference (GCPC)
‘Implementing the Paris Agreement. New Research Solutions for Developing Countries’
13 & 14th of July 2016, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Climate Strategies , the Uongozi Institute and Konrad Adenauer Foundation are organising the 3rd Global Climate Policy Conference ‘Implementing the Paris Agreement’, to be held in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
The Paris Agreement reached at COP21 in December 2015 was a key milestone in fighting climate change. But much support is still needed to help developing countries explore new ideas and approaches to implement their Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs). Climate Strategies, the Uongozi Institute and the Konrad Adenauer Foundation are jointly providing a platform where climate policy makers and international researchers can meet to explore options. The idea is to use a mix of bottom-up approaches – developed by the research community – and top-down approaches from the policy community.
While the conference is broadly focused on addressing key issues in the climate domain and advancing climate actions, particular emphasis will be given to topics relevant to the African continent.
The conference will cover issues on:
• NDCs Ambition
• Governance and Transparency
• Justice and Equity
• Means of Implementation (Finance, Technology, Capacity)
• Adaptation and Resilience
• Monitoring and Reporting
• Loss and Damage
• Low-carbon Development
For further information about the conference please send an email to email@example.com