- Chinokwetu et al. – Smallholder Farmer Experiences of Climate Adaptation Policies
- Chirambo – Exploring Microfinance Beneficiary-Led Development Framework
- Mathur and Mohan – Grassroots Socio-Technical Innovations in India and Africa
- Mukonza et al. – Investigation of INDCs
- Namanya – Harmonisation of the EAC
- Park – Accelerating Climate Resilient Entrepreneurship
- Tatenda – Curriculum Reforms for Climate Adaptation Strategies
- From Ghana to Tanzania – Matthew Kwabena Adeyanju
3rd Global Climate Policy Conference (GCPC)
‘Implementing the Paris Agreement. New Research Solutions for Developing Countries’
13 & 14th of July 2016, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Climate Strategies, the Uongozi Institute, Konrad Adenauer Foundation and Stanley Foundation organised the 3rd Global Climate Policy Conference (GCPC) ‘Implementing the Paris Agreement’, held in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
The Paris Agreement reached at COP21 in December 2015 was a key milestone in fighting climate change. But much support is still needed to help developing countries explore new ideas and approaches to implement their Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs).
The GCPC provided a platform where climate policy makers and international researchers could meet to explore options, with a mix of bottom-up approaches – developed by the research community – and top-down approaches from the policy community.
The Global Climate Policy Conference 2016 was held for two days over the 13th and 14th July. It was a huge success, with over 60 people attending from numerous government ministries, research institutions and NGOs.
The first day was split into two sessions, informed by winning submissions by researchers, followed by discussions and response from relevant stakeholders.
The second day was split into three sessions, with focus on issues relevant to Africa. Each topic was presented with introductions, followed by discussions and response from relevant stakeholders.
- Session 3: Strengthening capacity of African Policy-Making and Civil Society
- Session 4: Exploring tranformational pathways towards 1.5°
- Session 5: Summary of the conference findings
For more information on each topic, all presentations can be downloaded from each session page.
If you wish to receive any further information about the GCPC 2016, or to participate or contribute in next years GCPC event, please send an email to email@example.com.